Although the original game’s demo did feature multiplayer, I think I’m going to leave it out, at least if I plan on releasing a demo before full release. One of those more common ‘in development’ demos, but beyond beta stage obviously.
I don’t think I’ll be posting daily with the work I’m doing on the game now, as I don’t have the original game to guide me unit by unit anymore. I’m making tweaks and right now one of my points of focus is the main menu.
Here’s a summary of what I did:
- Demo capability.
- Scoring system (minus gaining points for destroying units)
- Mission list now has multiple pages.
- Changed profile system.
- Reworked bullet speed to be more like the original.
- Fixed several boats that were incorrectly positioning themselves upon destruction.
- FPS counter in graphics menu.
I’m getting very close to creating the actual missions now, and I believe that the first five missions or so should be done within a week. This has potential for a demo, assuming I polish up absolutely everything around and in these five missions.